Max Pittion

Max Pittion was born in Oyonnax, France in 1921, an area known for manufacturing combs and later, celluloid eyeglasses. After WWII, Max took over his family's eyewear factory and expanded the business, changing manufacturing techniques from celluloid to cellulose acetate and selling eyeglasses under international high fashion brand licenses.

In the 1960s and 70s, the factory grew to over 200 employees, and Max became a founding member of SILMO, the world's largest eyewear fair. In the late 1970s, Japanese competition led to the factory's decline, and Max retired in 1981. The MAX PITTION brand was relaunched in 2013, and is now produced in Japan to the highest standards of quality and detail.

Coming Soon...